Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Insomnium: One for Sorrow

For some people who are reading this you are probably thinking, "okay, who the hell is Insomnium?" Insomnium is a Finish melodic death metal band. They really arent what I would consider well known here in the states. They have been around since 97' and debuted in 02' with their album "In the Halls of Awaiting." I have not known about this band for very long, but in the short time I have listened to them they have really grown on me. They grabbed my attention with their 2009 album "Across Dark" with songs such as Down with the Sun and Where the Last Wave Broke. The band has (as the genre suggests) a very melodic sound. They dont seem to focus on super fast riffs and double bass non-stop. 

Insomniums new album "One for Sorrow" releases tomorrow in Finland,  October 17 for the rest of Europe, and October 18 for USA. You can currently listen to the whole album online as a pre-release at http://www.hailsandhorns.com/featured/stream-track-by-track-interview-with-insomnium-covering-the-new-album-one-for-sorrow/. After listening to the album for me I found it very enjoyable. Dont know much to say about it being new at reviewing music but some songs that really stuck out for me where Song of the Blackest Bird and Unsung. I give the album a 7.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment